Thursday, July 06, 2006

JALAN JALAN CARI MAKAN

I went out to dinner at a spiffy restaurant town the other night. The bill duly arrived at the end of the meal as it always does.

I never did like the bill-at-the-end-of-the-meal system. That’s because money is a very different entity before and after you eat.

Before you eat, money has very little value. When you’re hungry, you sit down in a restaurant, you’re like the ruler of an empire. You don’t care about the cost. You want maximum food in minimum time.

“More drinks, appetizers, dessert, quickly, quickly! Serve anything. Everything. With or without the plate. It doesn’t matter. Just bring the chow. It will be the greatest meal of our lives.”

Then, after the meal, once you’re full, you can’t remember ever being hungry in your life.

You see people walking into the restaurant, you can’t believe it. “Why are all these people coming in here now? I’m so full. How could they eat?”

You’ve got your pants undone, napkins destroyed, cigarette butt in the ais kacang bowl. You never want to see food again as long as you live. That’s when the bill comes. This is why people are always mystified by the bill.

“What is this? How could this be?” They start passing it around the table. “Does this look right to you? We’re not hungry now, why are we ordering all this food?”

Hunger will make people do amazing things. I mean, the proof of that is cannibalism. What do they say? You know, they’re eating . . . “This is good. Who is this? I like this person.”

I would think the hardest thing about being a cannibal is trying to get some really solid straight sleep through the night sleep. You’d think with any little noise they’d go “What is it? . . . Who’s that? . . . Who’s there? . . . Is somebody there? . . . What do you want? . . . You look hungry. Are you hungry? . . . Get the fook out of here!”

17 Comments:

Blogger Lily G said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, July 06, 2006 10:20:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jekyll/Hyde,

Hahahahaha!!!My sentiments exactly. That is why I try to avoid paying for lunch or dinner at all costs and try to avoid buffet too unless other people are buying. If I have to pay for own lunches and dinners,then I will try to make it as entertainment expenses :-). Then I can eat and drink all I want.

Now,the same feeling that you describe after having a good meal sometimes also happen after sex especially the illicit ones.After the ejaculation, one will go "Shit,why did I do this!Now I am going to hell,""Oh God, I regret this, please forgive me,""She is not even my type."

Especially applicable to God fearing gentlemen, hahahaha!


Rgds,

kna

Friday, July 07, 2006 9:30:00 am  
Blogger JekyllHyde said...

Dude,
No wonder u chose to remain anonymous...hahaha... :P

Friday, July 07, 2006 9:46:00 am  
Blogger raksaksabiskut said...

Teasing the taste palate by taking nibbles & stopping before full, I find that I enjoy the experience more this way.
Although hv yet manage to find the will to stop before full..heh heh..

tapi tak lah sampai get my pants undone! :p

Friday, July 07, 2006 10:01:00 am  
Blogger Lily G said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Friday, July 07, 2006 11:18:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the button of my jeans actually did a few pop-a-popping tricks last night.

it is hereby confirmed that i am now 3 inches wider in the girth compared to two years ago.

Friday, July 07, 2006 11:46:00 am  
Blogger JekyllHyde said...

rb,
nibbles i like...stopping i dont.. :P

Friday, July 07, 2006 12:42:00 pm  
Blogger JekyllHyde said...

lily,
do u like salami?

Friday, July 07, 2006 12:42:00 pm  
Blogger JekyllHyde said...

pud,
the more the merrier...hahaha :P

Friday, July 07, 2006 12:44:00 pm  
Blogger JekyllHyde said...

ttg,
tip for the tipsy... :P

Friday, July 07, 2006 12:48:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Saw u in a friend's blog. Heyy..I like the last bit..dunno if you have dual meaning there. Not too clever just now to decipher the other one, so I read the obvious one.

Since little I feared the cannibals. I never thought once they'd have any fear in life. You cured me! Like the bit they too have problems in getting some solid sleep...*chuckling gleefully* I thought they'd just eat us happy and have not a care. As they say...'What goes around comes around'.

I hadn't the darnedest idea cannibals had problems too! Thanks for clearing this up for me at long last.

As for 'hunger'...now I find being 'hungry' in anthing is quite a prerequisite for success. The push that is! Have a good day.

Sunday, July 09, 2006 11:45:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just overstuffed myself with sushi. burp. Alhamdullilah :)

Sunday, July 09, 2006 2:59:00 pm  
Blogger JekyllHyde said...

ruby,
You made me re-read that last bit...lol

Monday, July 10, 2006 4:46:00 am  
Blogger JekyllHyde said...

d,
yum yum...

Monday, July 10, 2006 4:50:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

je suit completement malade.

ma tete est malade.

*sob*

allez allez les bleus.

Monday, July 10, 2006 2:06:00 pm  
Blogger waffles said...

*growl*

Friday, July 14, 2006 12:52:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Friday, July 21, 2006 5:24:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home